HQ NETWORK:   XBOX ONE |  XBOX 360 |  AIDELUXE HQ Network: 7,571 | Guests: 881 | Members: 1 

Current Location: Forums New Game - Fursan al-Aqsa - Knights of al-Aqsa Mosque   |   Old Xbox boot but wont load games or MS Dashboard   |   New google drive   |   Which modchip is this?   |   Anyone here capable or interested in restarting XBConnect?   |   Error code 05   |   original xbox with 0 memory   |   Why cell damage is low with ratings   |   Xbox-Hq.Com VIP Member Testimonials   |   XBHD: A Full-Featured Original Xbox Adapter from EON Gaming,   |   
  Home | Active Topics | CD/DVD Media | Downloads | Forums | Feedback | Games | HardDrives | Homebrew | My Profile | ModChips | Reviews | Search | SoftMods | Tutorials

Xbox Forums

Discuss all aspects of the original Xbox Console in our Interactive Xbox Forums..

Get Xbox Game Pass Ultimate
Xbox-Hq.Com :: View topic - XBOX 2 RUMOUR MILL! - Xbox360.Com.Au
Xbox-Hq.Com Forum Index -> Newbie Central
 XBOX 2 RUMOUR MILL! - Xbox360.Com.Au View previous topic :: View next topic  

forahobby
Administrator
Administrator

Post Posted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 3:22 am   
Post subject: XBOX 2 RUMOUR MILL! - Xbox360.Com.Au

' Im not saying that the XBOX Next is going to be called xbox360 but am just very interested on how a company/business could register the 360.com.au without having xbox (or M$) in their business/company name. '

I was just reading through our news etc etc and read about how the Xbox Next (Xenon etc) is supposed to be named (rumoured) 'xbox360'..

Funny that.. Let me just start by saying:
I spent the next few minutes looking up information around the world for this domain and all xbox360.com domains..

you can do this to:
http://www.whois.com.au
http://www.whois.com

I DO know from previous experience a .COM.AU domain name can only be sold or purchased by a business/company which has xbox as a bus/comp name. So if you wanted to own xbox360.com your business must be name 'xbox' or have xbox in the title. (see what im saying). I dont know about other domain names in different countries but thats how it works down under.. Smile

Anyway, every single domain name for xbox360.com has been bought by the same person/registrar/company.. mmmm i hear you say..

Well this is why im writing this.. Like I wrote ealier in Australia, to own a .com.au domain name you must have a registered business or company name which relates to your domain name.. There for if you owned a electronics store like EB (electronics Botique) you could not just buy the domain 'xboxgames.com.au' do you see what i mean..??

Well the domain xbox360.com.au has been purchased and is currently under constuction by the VeriSign team who (id guess) would be holding their domain until its LIVE.

Im not saying that the XBOX Next is going to be called xbox360 but am just very interested on how a company/business could register the 360.com.au without having xbox (or M$) in their business/company name as i have tried to do this with many clients in the past (over 50) and have failed.

A .COM domain can be purchased by anyone..

anyway, feel free to comment and tell me im crazy.. Its just been one of those days today..

News-Source: http://www.xbox-hq.com

Reply to topic  
|